Love them or hate them, but Instagram hashtags are the bomb. If you use Instagram hashtags strategically and without ruining your fans’ reading experience, you can gain more followers, increase likes and boost your Instagram marketing reach.
By the way, Instagram is now the fast-growing social media platform on the planet: It has 500 million active monthly users and they have shared more than 40 billion photos to date. If you are into visual marketing, it is an absolute must to be on Instagram.
But okay, we are talking about hashtags. The use of hashtags helps organise and categorise photos and video content, which in turn let potential clients discover you and your business.
Here are a few tips on how to get the most out of the Instagram hashtags:
1. Include a short message or caption, and a few hashtags with every post that you create. Images with no hashtags get very little attention.
2. The most popular hashtags are simple words like “dog”, “cat” or food. However, they are not the best if you want to get people talking. Spy on your competitors and see what their top hashtags are. (There are also several free hashtag tracking tools to help you find the most appropriate ones.)
3. Use relevant hashtags that contain keywords for which people are searching. This requires a bit of research on your part. Be sure that your photo and hashtags have something in common.
- Instagram limits 30 hashtags to each image. Too much, too much! Studies have shown 11 hashtags get the most engagement.
5. Create a brand or branded hashtag that is unique to your business or campaign. It could be as simple as your company name, tagline, or the name of one of your products.
6. Make use specific or niche hashtags. The more specific the hashtag, the more targeted your audience will be.
7. Check out the top hashtags and top posts on Instagram: Go to the search function, type your words and click on tags.
If you don’t speak foreign (aka Instagram hashtags) contact Scarlett’s Web. We can help.