“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go” – DR SEUSS, Oh the places you’ll go!
Before you can successfully ascertain your target audience, you have to have a clear understanding as to the purpose and identity of your business (for example, my core purpose is consultancy, Scarlett’s Web, is to empower brands to become more influential online).
If you have never developed a marketing strategy or if it has been a while since you updated an existing one, you may find it useful to complete the questionnaires provided here.
Take a few moments to carefully consider each question below. The answers determine how you’ll implement the principals to influence and successfully engage with your online audience.
Who Are You As A Business?
- What are your core values as an individual?
- What compelled you to start/join your own business?
- What are you company’s core values?
- What specific needs do you solve?
- What is your primary goal for your business?
- Who are your competitors?
- How do you differ from your competitors?
- What is unique about your service/product?
- What would happen if you did not provide it?
- What would you like to gain?
Who Is Your Target Market?
- What is the age group of the customers who want your service/product?
- Which gender would be most interested?
- What is the income level of your potential customers?
- What level of education do they have?
- Is this a service/product they need or is it a luxury item?
- What do your customers value most?
- How will they use this product/service?
- Is this an impulse buy or something they are saving for?
- Where do they get most of their decision-making information?
- Where are you customers located? Locally? Globally?
Now that you have identified they key elements of your identity as a business and the potential profile of your target audience, look at how this knowledge sits…?
Want to find out how to get started right away? Let’s not waste time then!